The Rundown: LPA, Inc. is looking for a licensed Architectural Project Designer to join our Education Studio in Irvine, preferably with at least 7-12 years of experience in K-12 projects.
Key Goals and Objectives of this role:
The Architectural Project Designer has the focus and responsibility for generating, inspiring, and overseeing development of the project’s design and presentations of design solutions, growing from the program and integrated design criteria. The Project Designer will present the development of the design to clients, community members, and stakeholders and will work with the Project Manager and the entire Integrated Design Team in being responsive to commentary received from them. The Project Designer will work together in partnership with the Project Manager to develop and achieve project goals including Integrated Design goals, budget and schedule, and financial performance goals.
- Engage all disciplines and stakeholders from the earliest stages to develop conceptual and schematic design of assigned projects using a truly integrated, process.
- Take responsibility for the overall design product quality guided and inspired by the Integrated Process.
- Assist and cooperate with other project leaders such as Principal-In-Charge, Project Director and/or Project Manager in overseeing the assignment and efficient use of design resources.
- Preside at design meetings, presentations and activities specific to assigned projects.
- Review assigned projects at key milestones in the process to for consistency with representation of LPA's integrated, sustainable philosophy and that LPA’s high quality standards are being achieved or exceeded.
- Exemplify LPA’s team philosophy through engagement and interaction with Project Leadership and all team members to ensure truly integrated results, high morale and efficient processes.
- Mentor design team and communicate with Project Directors and Principals to ensure that LPA’s design standards and processes are fully understood and brought to fruition
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients, consultants, contractors and team.
- Experience in personnel supervision, strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Competent knowledge of building materials, specifications and construction techniques for Education projects.
- Experience in dealing with codes and ordinances.
Education and Experience:
- Professional degree required in the field of Architecture.
- Minimum of 7-12 years of experience in design of Educational projects, preferably K-12, but Higher Education would be a plus.
- Architectural License in California required.
Click here to submit your resume
Back to Careers