You matter at LPA. Come join an established firm where your voice is heard, ideas are encouraged and your work is highly regarded. LPA offers a unique collaborative environment with dynamic, passionate, creative, and intelligent people with potential for professional and personal development. As LPA grows, we are seeking a Design Coordinator in Landscape Architecture to generate and design solutions for various project types. The Design Coordinator, in the role of technical team leader will primarily work on the technical aspects of a project but may begin to handle some project management tasks under the direction of the Project Manager, Project Director and/or Principal-in-Charge.
- Assist Project Manager with client and project coordination and management.
- Ensure compliance of preliminary pricing plans and construction documents with design intent.
- Coordinate and prepare documentation for schematic design, design development and/or construction documents as assigned by the Project Manager.
- Develop and compile project specifications.
- Review the work of and coordinate with the various design disciplines for the successful completion of their scope.
- Respond to bid inquiries regarding pre-bid approvals and prepare addenda where needed.
- Provide assistance in construction administration.
- Conduct or assist in on-site observations as directed by the Project Manager.
- Prepare observation reports where appropriate.
- Review submittals during the construction process.
- Assist in project close-out efforts including punch lists and agency processing.
- Meet with governmental agencies or officials as needed.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Landscape Architecture is required.
- California License in Landscape Architecture is preferred.
- Highly motivated, positive and proactive problem solver.
- Strong interpersonal relationship skills.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Experience with Education, Corporate, Developer and Institutional project types preferred.
- 3-8 years of experience in a Landscape Architecture or multi-disciplinary design firm in the development of project plans and specifications.
- Knowledge of primary disciplines involved in various project types.
- Proficiency in CAD and/or Revit is required.
- Proficiency in Sketch Up, Photoshop, PowerPoint and other graphic programs is preferred.
Click here to submit your resume
Back to Careers