The Healthcare Architectural Practice Director will lead the activities, growth and development of the Healthcare Team to accomplish the successful completion of all Healthcare projects. As the senior level Healthcare representative located in the Irvine, San Jose, or Sacramento offices, the Director will be responsible for new business development and maintaining and nurturing effective client relationships for LPA. The Director will exhibit a proficiency in a particular specialty of healthcare design such as; hospital planning, ambulatory surgery centers, cardio-vascular services, women and children’s services, wellness centers, senior care, etc.
- Responsible for ongoing client relations to secure repeat business from existing clients.
- Develop fee proposals and qualifications packages, working with LPA’s Marketing Specialists.
- Assist the Principal-in-Charge in the review of client’s master agreements, terms and conditions.
- Build and lead the Healthcare Project Team for the purpose of producing successful projects.
- Motivate the Project Team towards performance excellence in all assigned tasks.
- Mentor team members; participate with the Principal-in-Charge in performance reviews, and in the recruiting and retaining of Healthcare staff.
- Ensure financial success of projects with the Project Managers; monitor reports, invoicing, revenue projections, etc.
- Oversee the efficient development of complete, fully checked project documents. Ensure quality control of all project documentation and communications.
- Serve as Senior Project Manager on key LPA Healthcare projects.
- Lead the LPA Healthcare Team, and coordinate staffing and design quality efforts with LPA’s other regional offices.
- Business development and active industry networking; building relationships that result in the growth of LPA’s Healthcare design practice.
Knowledge & Experience
- Professional degree (BArch or MArch) and architectural license required.
- Minimum of 15 years of architectural experience in the management of Healthcare projects.
- Minimum of 10 years in of experience leading Healthcare Project Teams and in business development.
- Strong communication skills with clients, consultants, contractors and team.
- Experience in personnel supervision, strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Demonstrated ability to guide and motivate staff as needed.
- General knowledge of healthcare design in both ambulatory care and acute care.
- Specialized knowledge in one or more healthcare service models.
- Strong experience with OSHPD, governmental agencies, codes and ordinances.
- LEED certification a plus.
- Membership and active participant in a professional healthcare organization.
- A recognized industry leader, well respected by clients, contractors and industry professionals.
Click here to submit your resume
Back to Careers