Come join a firm where your voice is heard, ideas are encouraged and your work is highly regarded. LPA offers a collaborative environment with dynamic, creative, and intelligent people. We are looking to add an experienced Communications Engineer to our integrated design group. This Engineer will be responsible for the design and documentation of IT, data, telecommunications and other low voltage systems for a variety of corporate, educational and institutional projects throughout California.
Candidate will be responsible for performing all of the following job duties:
• Layout and design technology systems, including voice, data, structured cabling (horizontal and vertical), audio visual, security, access control, intrusion detection, and other low-voltage systems, including inside and outside plant.
• Coordinate system scope, design layout and drawings with client and other disciplines.
• Perform site visits for documentation of existing system and building conditions.
• Effective communication skills with a team-oriented attitude
• Perform telecommunications, IT and low voltage systems analysis and develop appropriate system concepts, layouts, and details.
• Document construction drawings with design concept suitable for plan check, bidding and construction.
• Oversee projects from inception through final transition working with senior management, client and subcontractors ensuring the schedules, and resources remain in check
• Proven ability to resolve complex design problems
• Prepare technical specifications.
• Review and evaluate shop drawings and product submittals.
• Visit construction sites to inspect work in progress or completed.
• Prepare Design Analysis and Engineering Reports.
• Perform additional duties as assigned by the Director of Technology.
• Provide design and production support for other project related tasks such as lighting and power design.
Candidate shall meet the following requirements:
• Minimum of 8 years of experience designing the aforementioned systems preferably on K-12, higher-education, and commercial projects.
• Possess knowledge of government mandate for Common Core and it’s applicability to the integration of technology into educational environments.
• Solid working knowledge of Structured Cabling Systems from an installation and basic design perspective
• Bachelor's degree preferred.
• Solid process and project management skills are required, including the ability to manage numerous priorities simultaneously while driving the project team to help fulfill the overall project objectives
• RCDD strongly desired; OSP and NTS a plus
• Building Industry Consulting Service International (BICSI) Member desired
• Certified Technology Specialist (CTS) certification a plus.
• Excellent communication, documentation, and organizational skills
• Proficient in AutoCAD, and Microsoft Office required, Revit skills preferred.
• Knowledge of NEC, IEEE, EIA, TIA, industry standards and other applicable codes related to the design and layout of IT, low voltage and telecommunications systems.
Click here to submit your resume
Back to Careers