This position involves developing and promoting the very highest standards of Landscape Architectural and Site Design. The position requires experience in front end (conceptual) design including the ability to forge strategic client relationships via interviews and presentations. The Senior Designer for Landscape Architecture is also responsible for networking and gathering market, client, and project type intelligence to support the role of a “thought leader” in Landscape Design. They shall act as the primary client interface with respect to project design issues and ensure that client expectations are fully understood, conveyed, and managed, whilst supporting LPA landscape architectural responsibilities.
Through a primary level of involvement, they will provide direction and support to ensure that the design intent is achieved through all stages of project development.
Key Goals and Objectives of this role
- Client Relationships - The Senior Designer shall engage with prospective and existing clients to develop the strategic opportunities for the firm. It is anticipated that they shall develop relationships with relevant individuals within the organization and be aware of business plans and goals.
- Winning Work - The Senior Designer shall coordinate with the leadership of the Firm with respect to necessary input during the interview and proposal stage of project procurement process.
- Landscape Architect with at least 10 years of experience working in a design lead role on multi- disciplinary projects.
- Strong design and communication skills – ability to mentor talent, win work and oversee delivery.
- Effective leader – has an instinctive eye for design, proven ability to work and guide design work of others and produce results.
- Strategic thinker – ability to spot opportunities and design trends
- Experience interpreting and understanding local code, regulations and design guidelines for a region(s)/project.
- Appreciation and working knowledge of sustainable design techniques and solutions, such as LEED.
- Excellent client interface including running meetings, presentations and associated writing skills.
- Skills and some ability to support Project Management and Bid Preparation a plus.
- Entrepreneurial outlook – keen interest to play a pivotal role in growing the business and improving Landscape Architectural Design in the firm.
Education and Experience
- At least 10 years of experience working in a design lead role
- Bachelor's Degree in Landscape Architecture
- Membership of the ASLA
- Licensed Landscape Professional in CA
Click here to submit your resume
Back to Careers