Come join an established Integrated Design Firm where your voice is heard, ideas are encouraged and your work is highly regarded. LPA offers a unique collaborative environment with dynamic, passionate, creative, and intelligent people with potential for professional and personal development. As we grow our San Jose office, we are seeking a Interior Design Coordinator to design and document solutions. The Design Coordinator, in the role of technical team leader will primarily work on the technical aspects of a project but may begin to handle some project management tasks under the direction of the Project Manager, Project Director and/or Principal-in-Charge.
- Assist Project Manager with client and project coordination and management.
- Ensure compliance of preliminary pricing plans and construction documents with design intent.
- Coordinate and prepare documentation for schematic design, design development and/or construction documents as assigned by the Project Manager.
- Develop and compile project specifications.
- Review the work of and coordinate with the various design disciplines for the successful completion of their scope.
- Respond to bid inquiries regarding pre-bid approvals and prepare addenda where needed.
- Provide assistance in construction administration.
- Conduct or assist in on-site observations as directed by the Project Manager.
- Prepare observation reports where appropriate.
- Review submittals during the construction process.
- Assist in project close-out efforts including punch lists and agency processing.
- Meet with governmental agencies or officials as needed.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Interior Architecture or Interior Design.
- Certification in NCIDQ / CCIDC preferred.
- 5+ years industry experience required with specific experience in corporate and/or education projects.
- Highly motivated, positive and proactive problem solver.
- Strong interpersonal relationship skills.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Proficiency in the production and coordination of construction documents.
- Proficiency in consultant/engineering coordination.
- Knowledge of primary disciplines involved in various project types.
- Proficiency in CAD and/or Revit is required.
- Proficiency in Sketch Up, Photoshop, PowerPoint and other graphic programs is preferred.
- Knowledge of sustainable interiors and architecture is required with LEED AP preferred.
Click here to submit your resume
Back to Careers