This role will be open on our website until the end of the Spring classes for all of the colleges we will visit. The expected start date for this person will be in the beginning of Summer.
LPA is seeking structural engineers with 0-5 years of experience to expand the structural design team. Candidates will be responsible for structural design of major projects including steel, concrete, masonry and/or timber structures, finite element modeling and analysis, preparation of structural calculations, creation of construction documents and coordination within the integrated design process.
Appropriate candidates will have 0-5 years of experience in structural analysis and some knowledge of the seismic provisions of the California Building Code.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Basic understanding of the general concepts of structural engineering analysis, steel and concrete design, building code requirements, and seismic design.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with Revit Structure required.Experience with one or more structural analysis programs (ETABS, SAP, SAFE, RAM, RISA) encouraged.
- The ability to read and understand structural construction documents.
- The ability to work collaboratively with a team of architects and engineers.
- The ability to prepare structural calculations, create construction documents and coordinate design within an integrated design process under the mentorship and direction of senior structural engineers.
- Proven ability to learn and retain new skills and the ability to assume increased responsibilities as experience is gained.
Education and Experience:
- Degree Requirements: B.S. in Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering, Building Sciences or Architectural Engineering with a focus on structural engineering.
- Years of experience: 0– 5 years
- Engineer-in-Training (EIT) certification required.
Click here to submit your resume
Back to Careers